On a hot summer morning, cool down with a this fun new breakfast twist. These raspberry chia Breakfast “Ice Cream” Sandwiches tastes like dessert and will nourish you through the morning!
I was super excited when KIND featured my recipe on their newsletter including my classic green smoothie to pair with their Raspberry Chia Breakfast Bars.
If you haven’t noticed, KIND came out with these new breakfast bars. These new bars (the raspberry chia flavor in particular) contain 5 whole grains including: oats, millet, buckwheat, amaranth, and quinoa along with a filling 6 grams of fiber.
It is always important to eat balanced meals. My go-to tip for anyone (myself included) is to enjoy at least 3 food groups per meal (with at least one of them being a fruit or vegetable).
That little tip can go a long way. It will help with portion control because portion sizes will naturally start to shrink in order to include various other food groups on your plate. Plus, it will help reach the minimum recommendation of aiming to consume at least 5 fruits and vegetables a day. More matter!
When I first tried these breakfast bars I usually paired them by dunking them in a yogurt with a side of fruit, so I was inspired by my combo to turn it more into a fun breakfast!
It feels like eating dessert for breakfast!
Breakfast “Ice Cream” Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 4
- 4 packages KIND raspberry chia breakfast bars (contains 2 bars per package)
- 2 (5.3 oz.) containers plain (or vanilla) yogurt (I used Siggi’s)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- In a small bowl, gently mash raspberries. Stir in chia seeds. Add yogurt and gently fold in raspberries and chia to make a raspberry swirl.
- Open up KIND breakfast bars packages. Scoop about 1/3 cup onto one side of the breakfast bar and spread evenly. Top with the other breakfast bar (not too tight, so filling doesn’t spill out!)
- Wrap each breakfast “ice cream” sandwich with plastic wrap and add to a sealed tight container. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap and enjoy a treat in the morning!