This one pan Balsamic Kale and Vegetable Saute recipe can help get a side dish or dinner on the table in minutes.
This creation accidentally happened when I opened my refrigerator for dinner one night not knowing what I was going to have for dinner and just pulled out everything that I had.
I really liked how it turned out and now I purposely buy all these ingredients to make this recipe over and over again. Since my accidental recipe creation, I’ve made this recipe at least 3 more times already.
I mean, how easy is it? Just simply throw everything into one pan. With minimal prep and clean up, this is the perfect solution for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Of course, you don’t have to create this exact combination. Use this recipe as a template and work with what vegetables you have. Any bean or other protein can be included as well.
What vegetable combination would you create this dish with?
Balsamic Kale and Vegetable Saute
- Yield: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1-pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large bunch kale (~ 6 cups), chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- (optional) parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Add olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onions and peppers for about 1 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and chickpeas. Cook until mushrooms are tender. (Use a lid to generate steam if the pan starts to become dry)
- Add kale, tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar. Toss vegetables to combine. Place a lid on top to allow kale to wilt. Remove lid and cook for an additional 2 minutes, removing excess liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper, as needed.
- Remove vegetable saute from the pan and garnish with parmesan cheese (if using).
Did you make this recipe? Tag @rdeliciouskitchen on Instagram or send me a picture, I’d love to see!
Pin it for later!