Cozy up to a bowl of Snickerdoodle Oatmeal this holiday season!During the winter months, I always crave a warm bowl of oatmeal in the morning. Skip the sugary packets of oats and create a hearty bowl with simple ingredients, that I am sure are probably in your kitchen already.
Surprisingly, I am not the biggest fan of snickerdoodle cookies. I think it’s because I don’t prefer sugar cookies (the base of snickerdoodles). I am more of a chocolate chip cookie kind of gal, but I do love the warm cinnamon sugar combination from snickerdoodles.
McCormick recently came out with a new roasted cinnamon. The roasted version has a richer, deeper flavor than traditional cinnamon. If you love cinnamon and want a bigger and bolder flavor, you have to try roasted cinnamon.
The toppings of this oatmeal really make this breakfast a winner! Have you tried the seasonal Larabar snickerdoodle flavor? Plus, swirling in Betsy’s Best cinnamon chia gourmet peanut butter adds that extra pop of flavor.
- Yield: 1
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 banana
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup vanilla kefir
- (optional toppings): sliced banana, Betsy’s Best cinnamon chia peanut butter, snickerdoodle larabar
- Combine rolled oats and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Slice a banana into thin piece, gently fold into oats. Let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Once oatmeal begins to simmer, stir vigorously to break down the banana slices.
- Cook until oats reach desired consistency and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in cinnamon, vanilla extract, maple syrup, chia seeds, and kefir. (the kefir will make your oats super creamy!)
- Add desired toppings!
Wow! Snickerdodle oatmeal sounds amazing!!! Can’t wait to try this!
Oh my goodness – how yummy. And what great ingredients including the Larabar, Lifeway Kiefer… Snickerdoodles is one of my favorites – so I’ll surely enjoy this oatmeal!!!