Need some new grilling inspiration? Try these simple and flavorful Chicken Pesto Kabobs!
Fire up the grill! Any grill will do, but there are advantages and disadvantages of using both charcoal or gas grills.
Charcoal vs. Gas Grills – What’s the difference?
Just turn on a switch and your gas grill is fired up and ready to go. You are able to easily regulate the temperature and often gas grills have different settings that you can easily regulate areas of the grill at different temperatures. You won’t really get that smoky flavor, but you are able to cook various items on the grill at the same time.
I like to create little ribbons for the zucchini to
If you are making zucchini ribbons, just be careful using the mandolin. They can be a tad dangerous. I got into a fight with mine once.
Grilling is a healthy cooking method
Grilling is a healthy cooking method to prepare your food. It requires minimal added fats and imparts a smoky flavor while keeping meats and veggies juicy and tender.
There is nothing wrong with cooking with convenience. If using prepared pesto this recipe only has 4 ingredients and can be whipped up for a delicious dinner in no time!Print
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 zucchini
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup pre-made pesto, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large resealable bag, combine chicken and ¾ cup pesto; marinate for 1 hour.
- Using a mandolin (or carefully cut with a knife), slice zucchini lengthwise.
- Remove chicken from the marinade. Thread the cherry tomatoes, zucchini in a ribbon-like pattern, then chicken. Repeat until skewer is filled.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Add kebobs to grill, cook gently turning halfway through for about 10-12 minutes or until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Brust on additional pesto, if desired. Serve immediately.
Keywords: grilling, grill, kabob, chicken, pesto, simple
Pin for later!
This recipe was originally posted in July 2016. Content and recipe have been updated.