Enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner – This Cheesy Millet Sautéed Vegetables and Fried Egg is great at any meal! With whole grains, vegetables, and protein, this dish will keep you satisfied.
On Thursday, I am heading to Maine for the Cabot Fit for the Beach to Beacon 10k race on Saturday. I’ve never been to Maine before and I am super excited to meet up with some blogger friends and make some new ones! I am still in complete shock that I was selected to be part of the Cabot Fit team.
Am I ready for this race? I’m as ready as I can be. Training didn’t necessarily go according to plan, but race day is a whole other ball game that I thrive on. No training run compares to the race day feeling. The positive vibe all around you with everyone cheering you is the absolute best feeling. I have no race time in mind. This is actually the first 10k distance I will be racing at. I have run 5k’s and three half marathons, but no 10k’s just yet. I’m really excited to see how I will do this weekend!
The team includes:
Anne // fANNEtastic Food
Deanna // Teaspoon of Spice
Whitney // Little Leopard Book
Kita // Pass the Sushi
Kelly // Kelly the Culinarian
Brianne // Cupcakes and Kale Chips
Diane // Cape Fear Nutrition
With Cabot sponsoring this trip, it’s perfect timing to feature this cheesy delicious recipe. I’m obsessed with this recipe creation. Since shooting these photos, I’ve made it an additional 3 times.. not even kidding! It has Cabot cheddar cheese, and a fried egg on top, do you need anything more?
Have you ever had millet? It is a whole grain with comparable nutrition facts to quinoa with a good source of protein and fiber. Plus, millet is often a cheaper whole grain variety. With whole grains, vegetables, and protein, this is a well balanced meal that can keep you full and satisfied for hours.
Eggs are so versatile, and so is this whole meal. It can be enjoyed as a breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Runny egg for the win! Are you pro runny yolk or go for fully cooked?
Cheesy Millet with Sautéed Vegetables and Fried Egg
- Yield: 4
Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! A mix of whole grains, vegetables, and protein will keep you satisfied!
- 1 cup millet
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup of your favorite Cabot cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add millet; cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until water is dissolved, about 20 minutes. Stir in cheddar cheese while hot.
- As the millet is cooking, in a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, saute until onions are translucent. Add peppers and mushrooms, saute for another 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Remove vegetables from the pan into a bowl and set aside.
- Coat the bottom of the same pan with cooking spray or additional olive oil (if needed). Crack eggs into the pan and cook until edges begin to brown, or until desired doneness.
- Layer each plate with cheesy millet, sauteed vegetables, and top with a fried egg. Season with salt and pepper.