These Garlic Parmesan Smashed Potatoes are a healthy twist of a cross between baked potatoes and french fries – crispy on the outside and fluffy and tender on the inside.
Hear those crickets? I haven’t made a recipe in over a week. I am finally back in action after being sick for a few days. I’ve thought of so many recipe ideas, but I didn’t have the energy or appetite to cook this week.
When did potatoes get such a bad reputation? I’m so tired of hearing, “they are too starchy” or “potatoes have too many carbs”. Potatoes are rich in B-complex vitamins, which help your body form blood cells and make energy from the protein, carbohydrates and fat from the food you eat. Additionally, potatoes are a great source of vitamin C, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium.
I love these smashed potatoes because they are a cross between baked potatoes and french fries – soft and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. When I reheated them again for leftovers, they got even crispier, amazingggg.
Garlic Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
- Yield: 6
- 24 ounces baby Dutch yellow potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the potatoes until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- As potatoes are cooking, in a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese, dried rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a back of a fork, carefully smash the potatoes until flattened but still in one piece. Top each smashed potato with garlic parmesan mixture.
- Place into oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and edges are crispy.
My husband is working an aid station at a 100 mile race this weekend in Virginia and salted, boiled potatoes are a common item provided. I bet these would be a HUGE hit among the racers! I’m definitely going to make some for him to bring!!
We love potatoes and this looks like the perfect side
These look fantastic- I bet they would be perfect any time of year! Pinning to make.
I love smashed potatoes … how have I never thought to top them with herbs and cheese before?!?! Don’t worry … I will be rectifying that immediately!
These look so simple, but delicious! I have a feeling my family would go crazy for them. 🙂
That’s my kind of comfort food! Welcome back to cooking!! Feel better. Shared on Yummly 🙂