Spread the holiday cheer by sharing this DIY Chex Party Mix.
“The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear” .. name that movie!
Another great way to spread Christmas cheer is sharing a fun little snack with those around you this holiday season.
General Mills kindly sent me a care package to create Chex party mix to spread the holiday cheer. Look how adorable this personalized wooden spoon is!
Last month, I had a wonderful opportunity to spend a couple days at the General Mills headquarters learning all about General Mills and the Bell Institute of health, nutrition, and food safety.
General Mills and the Bell Institute of health, nutrition, and food safety truly stand behind their mission statement – serving the world by making food people love.
When I was there I cooked in the Betty Crocker test kitchen and learned she is a famous woman who never existed. Guys… Betty Crocker is NOT a real person! My mind was blown. The recipe creations they come up with in that kitchen are delicious. I tried a pumpkin spice cheerio latte AND a cinnamon toast crunch latte when I was there. The cereal was actually blended in to the beverage. So creative!
We even saw the behind the scenes of GM’s food photography studio where they take all of their photography for their recipes and the images that appear on the box’s products.
It was interesting to learn that each General Mills brand has their own unique story. Wheat Chex have always been a staple in my pantry. I love the crunchy texture. I often add it to my homemade trail mix.
It’s always so common to do a cookie swap or gift candies during the holiday season, but sometimes it feels like a sugar overload. This year I am packaging up this savory snack mix to pass out this year. I always like making something to pass out to everyone.
If you are still looking for a sweet treat, Chex has got ya covered with a recipe for that too – Muddy Buddies. In my house, we call this “puppy chow”.
Thank you, Chex, General Mills, and the Bell Institute to help make the holiday season a little brighter and cheery for everyone!
- 3 cups corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup garlic-flavored bite-size bagel chips or regular-size bagel chips, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, nuts, pretzels, and bagel chips; set aside. In a small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container. (OR Pre-heat oven to 250°. Put cereal and seasoning mixture into an ungreased roasting pan and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes.)
Keywords: chex mix, snack
Pin for later!