This Very Berry Smoothie Bowl is berry good! With protein and tons of juicy berries, you’ll feel energized all morning.
It’s hot and humid here in New Jersey. I am not complaining. After this long winter, I’ll take any warm weather, humidity and all.
I just started officially training this week for a 10k coming up this summer. My last race was April of last year, so I need to get back into my training groove. I’ve been running, but not really structured from week to week. With this added humidity, I’ve had some pretty sweaty runs and craving anything refreshing after, while getting in some post run fuel.
I’ve been loving smoothies, but I end up drinking them so fast without even really getting to enjoy them. This Very Berry Smoothie Bowl, is thicker that is better to eat with a spoon rather than through a straw. It will help slow you down and enjoy all the wonderful flavors, plus, you get to put on whatever fun toppings you like!
This Very Berry Smoothie Bowl has a little extra twist by adding 100% Welch’s grape juice. While adding a boost of fruity flavor, it also brings along many health benefits.
Welch’s and their team of Nutrition Experts can help explain why concord grapes, just like in Welch’s 100% grape juice can help with maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Colorful fruits and vegetables offer essential vitamins, minerals and beneficial plant nutrients, like polyphenols. And, while it’s certainly important to eat a rainbow of produce, it’s worth paying attention to the purples and blues.
This Very Berry Smoothie Bowl is pure berry good! With protein and tons of juicy berries, you’ll feel energized all morning.
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Welch’s 100% grape juice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- (optional) ice
- Toppings: additional banana slices, raspberries, blueberries, chia seeds or coconut, sliced almonds, etc.
- In a blender, combine the raspberries, blueberries, banana, vanilla Greek yogurt, 100% grape juice, chia seeds, and ice (if using). Purée until smooth, about 1 minute.
- The smoothie should be thick, so if needed, add more ice until desired consistency is reached. Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings.