I’ve mentioned time and time again here on RDelicious Kitchen about my love for chocolate. Hi my name is Julie, and I’m a chocoholic. I was overly excited for this months Recipe ReDux theme.
Favorite Chocolate Matches – Does your chocolate need a friend? This month’s posting will be after Valentine’s Day, so you may have a bit of extra chocolate around. What’s your favorite chocolate match? Be it traditional peanut butter or something more exotic like cayenne + chocolate. Show us your favorite healthy chocolate combo recipe.
You can’t go wrong with pairing chocolate with peanut butter. You can find me in the kitchen at night with a spoonful of peanut butter with chocolate chips on top. (Robin & Kylie do the same! Great minds think alike 🙂 )
Each month for for the recipe redux challenge, I make a list of recipe ideas and narrow it down, closer and closer to the due date. Yesterday, I was still figuring out what I was going to make. [#procrastination at it’s finest] I wanted to try and think outside the box, but it always came back to my favorite: chocolate + peanut butter.
I actually made a rendition of this recipe with just chocolate for a valentine’s day event at work, so I know it’s a crowd pleaser. The one thing that shocked people the most is one of the ingredients .. TOFU! It mades the mousse light and airy, plus packs in protein for a dessert recipe!Print
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dessert
- 3 pitted dates
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp shaved dark chocolate
- Soak dates in water to soften. Set aside.
- Using a double boiler, melt chocolate over medium heat. Stir in peanut butter, espresso, and salt. Remove from heat and let slightly cool.
- In a blender combine the dates, chocolate, and tofu. Blend throughly until combined.
- Divide equally into 4 small bowls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set.
- As the mousse is chilling, stir together the yogurt and peanut butter.
- Evenly divide the mousse into 4 small bowls. Add a dollop of peanut butter yogurt. Garnish with shaved chocolate.