Gluten Free Zucchini Banana Bread! This low-sugar bread option is perfect for breakfast or dessert.
One of my friends has been bringing me all kinds of goodies from her garden. I am in garden envy because my green thumb is not doing that well this year. I do have some peppers that are almost ready to be harvested and mint is completely taking over, but I think my zucchini plant is dead – womp!
I don’t always bake gluten free goodies, but I had an opened bag of Bob’s Red Mill gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour. Gluten free baking can be tricky but this 1-to-1 mix makes it extremely easy.
I love zucchini bread and banana bread, so why not mix them together? This is a low-fat, low-sugar quick bread that can be part of a balanced breakfast or enjoyed as dessert. Breakfast suggestion: crumble zucchini banana bread on yogurt with fresh fruit.
Gluten Free Zucchini Banana Bread
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 baking flour)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously spray inside loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Squeeze shredded zucchini of excess water with a paper towel.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Toss with zucchini until zucchini shreds are evenly coated with the flour mixture.
- In another bowl of an electric mixer, add mashed banana, oil, maple syrup, vanilla and eggs; mix until smooth. Add applesauce and yogurt and beat again until well combined. Gently mix in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Add to loaf pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
This sounds delicious! I love baking with zucchini and this looks perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert – pinned!
Yum! I’ve been trying zucchini recipes …with shredded beets instead of shredded zukes! Results have been fun and bright pink and yummy. Gotta try this with beets. Gorgeous pics!
hmm adding beets sound so interesting! I might have to try that too!
I bet the greek yogurt, bananas, and apple sauce make this bread SUUUUPER soft!
This sounds delish and love that you lightened up the fat and sugar too!
Love this healthier version of my two favorite breads!
There really are so many great ways to use zucchini! Thanks for sharing this great recipe.