Revamp pizza night into flatbread night, with this Cheddar, Apple, & Arugula Flatbread.
Cabot White Oak Cheddar // Granny Smith Apple // Walnuts // Arugula // Red Onion
I must say, I love all the Legacy Cabot flavors, but since the beginning White Oak Cheddar has been my favorite. It has an oaky and buttery silky flavor to it that pairs well with the rest of the flatbread toppings.
Lucky for me, I have a panel of professional taste testers for all of my recipes. My boyfriend, Adrain, REALLY liked this recipe. And when I say he REALLY liked it, means that a full flatbread was gone in one sitting. My friend Steph has become quite the Cabot cheese enthusiast, like myself. When I sent her a picture of the recipe, this happened …
Lucky for Steph, we live right down the street from each other. Flatbread delivery! Now if only places delivered this kind of food ..
By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe challenge sponsored by Cabot Creamery and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 2 even portions. Roll each portion on a floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Make oblong shapes, not exceeding the length of your baking sheet. Place the 2 flatbreads next to each other on the baking sheet. Let stand at room temperature for 10 – 15 minutes to rest.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 5 minutes. If you have any large bubbles, poke them several times with the point of a sharp knife. Bake another 5-7 minutes, until firm and starting to turn golden brown.
- While the flatbread is baking, add the butter and onions to a small saute pan over low-medium heat. Let the onions cook until softened and beginning to caramelize.
- Remove flatbreads to add toppings. Add the onions on an even layer on both flatbreads. Then add the apple slices. Top with a layer of cheese and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Return the flatbread to the oven for an additional 7-10 minutes until cheese has fully melted and walnuts have toasted.
- Allow to slightly cool, then top with arugula. Cut into triangles to serve.