It’s that time of month for the Recipe ReDux theme recipe! What were all the Recipe Redux-ers up to this month?
A Play on Patties: While St. Patty’s Day will be over by the time The Recipe ReDux rolls around this month, we’re celebrating the ‘patty’ all month long. We’ve seen images of stacked patties go crazy on food photo sharing sites like HealthyAperture.com; so stack ‘em up! Think healthy tuna burgers, potato patties, or veggie stacks.
Honestly, right now I have been so busy, I just remembered tonight about Recipe ReDux. It’s quite alright because I has just the ingredients I needed to whip up a tasty “patty”.
Spinach & Feta Turkey Burger
Makes 4 patties
1 pound ground turkey breast
2 cups spinach, chopped
1/3 cup feta cheese
1/3 cup panko
salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, spinach, feta cheese, panko, egg, salt, & pepper until all ingredients are distributed throughout the turkey.
3. Form turkey into 6 patties.
4. Spray a large pan with cooking spray and put over medium-high heat. Add the turkey burgers to the pan to sear both sides. Transfer the burgers to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for another 5-10 minutes until cooked through.
5. Assemble you burger on a whole wheat bun and healthy toppings.
(nutrition facts based on calorie count)
Look what the other Recipe ReDux members made this month:
Mmmm this sounds delicious! Turkey anything is amazing 🙂 I made a white and green turkey chilli yesterday, tasty-thing! I was quite amused when I read St. “Patty” haha! *facepalm* x
LOVE anything with feta! Looks and sounds delicious!!
Same here! Love anything with feta.
I love me some turkey burgers! Yummy! I may need to add 1/2 cup of feta cheese ;). I just read your about page, and I’m so excited to meet a fellow dietetic intern! When will you be done? Mine ends in July! Can’t wait to finally become an RD. I’m sure you can relate ;). I look forward to following you, Julie!
Julie thank you for reminding me that I haven’t done anything with turkey late. This burger sounds really good. Spinach adds a lot of flavor and adding it to the burger is a good way to get those extra veggies nutritents.
What % fat did you use for turkey meat?
Hi Julie I made the Turkey spinach feta burgers They were so so tasty…..keep the recipes coming.