Serve eggs family-style with this Smoked Salmon and Dill Sheet Pan Frittata that will kick your breakfast or brunch up a notch.
Way back when one of my first jobs was at a bagel shop. It was one of my favorite jobs. I worked with my friends and got to enjoy endless bagels and coffee. The only downside was getting to work at 5:00 am on a weekend.
Now, I love enjoying a leisurely brunch on the weekend. One thing the bagel shop introduced me to was smoked salmon or also known as lox. I still remember this one customer who always ordered – an everything bagel with cream cheese, lox, tomato, red onion, and capers. Of course, I had to try it.
That’s when my smoked salmon love affair began. It is now a staple at my brunches. I love the addition of the smoked salmon in this frittata. Plus, baking it in the sheet pan makes it so easy to serve! Often times the term lox and smoked salmon are used interchangeably, but there is a difference. Lox was traditionally only made from the belly of salmon. The salmon is salt-cured or brined but never cooked or even smoked. It has a very smooth silky texture. Smoked salmon is a much more generic term than lox. Smoked salmon can be made from any part of the fish, and it starts with salt curing or brining, just as in lox.Print
Smoked Salmon and Dill Sheet Pan Frittata
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven-Baked
- 12 eggs
- 5 ounces smoked salmon (lox), chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup dill, roughly chopped
- 1-pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13×9 inch deep baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread smoked salmon, scallions, dill, and grape tomatoes evenly in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Gently pour eggs over the smoked salmon mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until eggs are cooked through and top begins to brown.
Keywords: #smokedsalmon #salmon #breakfast #frittata #eggs #sheetpan #seafood
I serve Lox on Bagel for my family on the weekend (i load mine with cream cheese!). This fritatta is a winner!
YUM! What a nice addition to a fritatta!
Pingback: 100 Ways to Paint Your Plate Pink (Recipe Roundup) - Nutrition Nuptials
My kids will love this food. They are big fans of smoked salmon. Thanks for sharing.
Glad you enjoy this recipe. It is one of my favorites! It’s a perfect family style kind of meal.