You don’t have to get out of your pajamas and wait on line at Starbucks to enjoy lattes anymore. Learn how simple it is to make your own latte at home. This Mocha Latte tastes indulgent without breaking the bank.
Disclosure: I was asked to participate in the @CocoaVia #HeartMonth campaign as a member of the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network. I was compensated for my time.
I’m from New Jersey and in NJ people feel very strongly about their coffee. Dunkin vs. Starbucks. When I say people feel very strongly about their coffee, they will openly tell you why they like their choice and how you should too.
Dunkin or Starbucks?
I don’t often get coffee out, as I prefer to make it at home, but when I want to grab a quick cup of coffee I’ll stop at Dunkin. For more of the specialty drinks, like lattes, I prefer Starbucks, so you could say I’m the rare NJ coffee drinker. I don’t pick sides.
I’m the type of morning person where coffee must be present during my morning routine. I don’t want to have to wait until I’m already out the door to get my caffeine fix. Coffee beverages, like lattes, can be part of a healthy diet. An average latte contains one full serving of dairy.
When I found this little milk frother gadget, I realized how easy it was to make lattes at home and get that perfect amount of foam like if a barista was making you a latte right in your own kitchen.
There is just something about sipping on a warm coffee in the morning that makes me happy. Skip the chocolate syrup for a mocha latte and try using a packet of unsweetened dark chocolate CocoaVia® cocoa extract supplement, a daily cocoa extract supplement that delivers the highest concentration of cocoa flavanols, which are scientifically proven to promote a healthy heart by supporting healthy blood flow†.
Chocolate is a fabulous treat, but it’s not a reliable way to get sufficient quantities of cocoa flavanols. Traditional cocoa processing, which includes drying, fermenting and roasting of beans, destroys many of the flavanols naturally present in the cocoa bean. CocoaVia® supplement isolates the “good stuff” in chocolate in a convenient, versatile form, without all the calories and fat. Print
Cozy up to a delicious mocha latte that you can make right at home!
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 8 ounces low-fat milk
- 1 packet CocoaVia® unsweetened dark chocolate packet
- (optional) 1/4 teaspoon coconut sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
- Prepare instant espresso by stirring instant espresso powder with hot water in a coffee mug.
- In a small pot over low-medium heat, warm the almond milk, just until tony bubbles begin to surface. Remove from heat and use an electric milk frother to create foam.
- Slowly pour the warmed milk over the prepared espresso using a large spoon to hold back the milk foam. Spoon as much foam as you desire on top.
- Stir in one CocoaVia® unsweetened dark chocolate packet and coconut sugar (if using).
- Serve immediately.
CocoaVia® cannot be baked or heated, as the process will destroy the cocoa flavanols; It can be poured into hot milk or other liquid