Who doesn’t like cheesy potatoes? Add these Everything Bagel Hasselback Potatoes as a side dish for dinner tonight.
Confession: I am obsessed with Cabot’s everything bagel cheddar cheese. Then Trader Joe’s came out with an everything but the bagel sesame seasoning blend. It’s like everything bagel heaven (without the bagel).
Before this recipe, I’ve never actually made hasselback potatoes before, but I saw a version on one of Buzzfeed’s Tasty videos and with my new everything bagel goodies I knew it would be a perfect pair.
Note: I made these for my boyfriend and I. It serves two, but definitely double it because you’ll want leftovers!Print
Everything Bagel Hasselback Potatoes
- Yield: 2
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz. Everything Bagel Cabot Cheddar Cheese, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (I used Siggi’s)
- (optional) chives, to garnish
- Heat the oven to 425°F. Wash and dry the potatoes: Scrub the potatoes clean and pat them dry.
- Cut slits in the potatoes, leaving the bottom intact. (Cut slits into the potato, stopping just before you cut through so that the slices stay connected at the bottom of the potato)
- Place the potatoes in a baking dish. Brush the potatoes with olive oil, including the bottoms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 30 minutes, then brush with olive oil again, making sure some of the olive oil drips down into the space between the slices.
- Bake for another 30 to 40 minutes, until the potatoes are crispy on the edges and potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove from oven and carefully place slices of cheddar in between the slits. Bake for another 5 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and add Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend, a dollop of yogurt, and chives. Serve warm
Disclosure: this is not a sponsored post. I am, however, a part of Cabot’s Cheeseboard and receive samples of their products on a quarterly basis.
OMG these look amazing!! I have both Everything Bagel items in fridge/spice drawer so will be making these. Gorgeous photos too!
Don’t you just LOVE that seasoning?! I have been putting it on everything, but not potatoes yet. Great idea!
These look and sound AMAZING!!!! Seriously I wish I could just reach into my screen and take a forkfull!
i kinda love everything bagel everything, so these are amazing. and so are your photos!
These look freaking amazing. Like breakfast-dinner fusion. In the best way possible.
Genius. Everything flavored potatoes!? I mean come on, it doesn’t get any better than that! I could eat these every day!
Haven’t had Trader Joe’s Everything but the bagel Seasoning Blend, but it rocks your potato. Putting the ingredients for this recipe on my shopping list now!
Oh, man. These look AMAZING!! I am obsessed w/ Everything Bagel Cabot Cheddar too. This is such a brilliant idea-can’t wait to make these ASAP!!!