It’s the continuation of avocado week here at RDelicious Kitchen. The California Avocado Commission is the sponsoring a recipe contest through Recipe Redux challenging members to create the perfect summer get-together dish using California Avocados.
Incase you missed my first two avocado inspired recipes, check them out:
Smoked Salmon Avocado Tartlets
Salmon, Avocado, Cucumber Roll Ups
Disclosure: By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by the California Avocado Commission and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Ultimate Chicken Avocado Grilled Cheese
Makes 1 sandwich
2 slices whole wheat bread
2 ounces cooked chicken breast, shredded
1 oz part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 slices of tomato
1 tbsp light ranch dressing
1. Lightly toast the bread. (This is my secret for a perfectly crisp grilled cheese without using butter on the bread. Helps cut back on saturated fat.)
2. Mash the avocado with the ranch dressing.
3. Put a pan over medium heat. Layer the avocado and ranch mixture, tomato, chicken, and cheese between the bread.
4. Place the grilled cheese in the pan and push down on one side with a spatula.
5. Cook until each side is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
Check out all the other Recipe Reduxers recipe contest submissions on the link below.
This looks scrumptious! I was wondering though, as it says in the instructions “place the grilled cheese” and there is no instructions for when to do so. Just thought I should mention it so it might be clearer, did you mean the toasted bread? 🙂
Loving the idea of mashing the avcado with the dressing, clever! That is a mighty sandwich 😀
This is calling my name for lunch! Been enjoying your avocado week for sure 🙂