This recipe has minimal and simple ingredients that really work well together to a create simplistic, delicious salmon dinner.
Hoisin & Lime Salmon
Makes 4 servings
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lime (1/2 for juice, 1/2 for garnish slices)
4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and/or cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, garlic and lime juice. Let the salmon marinade in the sauce mixture for about 20 minutes.
3. Place salmon on the baking sheet. Reserve the rest of the sauce mixture. Bake for about 6 minutes.
4. Drizzle on the rest of the sauce mixture and broil salmon for about 2-3 to create a glaze on top.
5. Garnish with a lemon slice and serve.
* Pair your salmon with garlic green beans with pecans.
(Nutrition Facts based on Calorie Count)
I recently got a new job as a personal chef for a family. This family has 2 young children. The parents want me to try and sneak in healthy foods, and encourage eating fruits and vegetables.. that’s my specialty! The kids have no problem eating their vegetables but are used to dipping it in full fat ranch. I wanted to make them a healthier, but just as tasty dip they can enjoy thier veggies with. I’m also definitely going to be using this recipe for Sunday football days when the season starts for a healthy snack.
Herb Veggie Dip
Makes 8 servings
12 ounces plain greek yogurt (2 small containers)
4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
5 scallions, chopped
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp garlic powder
fresh ground pepper, to taste
In a medium bowl, mix the greek yogurt and cream cheese until well combined. Add in the scallions, parsley, dill, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Mix until combined. Serve with veggies or pretzels.