Culinary Nutrition for Heart Disease
Changing the conversation:
Culinary Techniques for Heart Disease
This webinar is for health professionals or anyone interested in learning how to cook for those with heart disease.
Don’t you wish you could change the conversation when discussing dietary protocol with clients?
Instead of educating them on what they need to limit or “can’t have” because of a diagnosis, empower them with foods they CAN eat—and healthy cooking techniques they can use at home to prepare flavorful food.
This is important, because cardiovascular disease is a leading cause of death worldwide. An average of 1 in 4 people die from heart disease annually in the United States.
This webinar will discuss culinary nutrition, prevention, and treatment and areas such as: fiber, fats, sodium, and related food-focused topics.
When you watch this special webinar (duration 1h15m), you’ll learn how to:
- Educate your clients with evidence-based science, translated through food—and change their behaviors.
- Evaluate and encourage clients’ cooking skills and confidence in the kitchen and help them set realistic food-focused behavior change goals.
Recipe demos include: Savory Oatmeal, Confetti Chicken Burger, and Pistachio Pesto.
As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist or Healthcare Professional, you have the knowledge and training to help people live their best lives. This and our other Culinary Nutrition Workshops will help you bridge the gap between nutrition education what clients understand about food.
After completing this 1h15m continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be able to:
- Make evidence-based nutrition education relatable to clients through “food talk”.
- Discuss the impact culinary nutrition programs can have on behavior mediators such as stress, knowledge, confidence and goal setting.
- Identify a variety of culinary nutrition needs and tips related to heart disease and know how to help clients integrate them.
- Evaluate clients’ cooking skills to work on goal setting accordingly.
Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 5460, 6010, 8060, 8100
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators: 8.1.5, 8.3.6, 8.4.1, 8.4.5
CPE Level 2
This webinar is eligible for 1.5 CEUs. A link to download your certificate will be provided at the end of the presentation.
Advance your learning and grow your business! Register today.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS
Registered Dietitian Nutritionists and Healthcare Professionals have the knowledge and training to help people live their best lives. The Culinary Nutrition Workshops support RDs & healthcare professionals bridge the gap nutrition education that clients understand about food.
Abbie and Julie are two food-loving chef dietitians to help change the conversation when discussing dietary protocols with clients. Instead of educating them on what they need to limit or “can’t have” per diagnosis protocol, empower them with foods they CAN eat and healthy cooking techniques that can be used at home to prepare flavorful food.