Culinary Nutrition for GI/Digestive Disorders
Changing the conversation:
Culinary Techniques for GI/Digestive Disorders
This webinar is for health professionals or anyone interested in learning how to cook for those with GI/Digestive Disorders.
Don’t you wish you could change the conversation when discussing dietary protocol with clients?
Instead of educating them on what they need to limit or “can’t have” because of a diagnosis, empower them with foods they CAN eat—and healthy cooking techniques they can use at home to prepare flavorful food.
This webinar will discuss culinary nutrition, prevention, and treatment-related to GI/Digestive Disorders. GI-related diseases affect millions of Americans each year. The GI tract includes the esophagus, liver, stomach, small and large intestines, gallbladder and pancreas.
When you watch this special webinar (duration 1h15m), you’ll learn how to:
- Educate your clients with evidence-based science, translated through food—and change their behaviors.
- Evaluate and encourage clients’ cooking skills and confidence in the kitchen and help them set realistic food-focused behavior change goals.
Recipe demos include: Miso Vinaigrette with Tomato Corn Salad, Roasted Asparagus with Lemon, Southwest Black Bean Quinoa Salad, and Overnight Oats.
Webinar for $19
After completing this 1h15m continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be able to:
- Make evidence-based nutrition education relatable to clients through “food talk”.
- Discuss the impact culinary nutrition programs can have on behavior mediators such as stress, knowledge, confidence and goal setting.
- Identify a variety of culinary nutrition needs and tips related to diabetes and know how to help clients integrate them.
- Evaluate clients’ cooking skills to work on goal setting accordingly.
Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 5460, 6010, 8060, 8100
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators: 8.1.5, 8.3.6, 8.4.1, 8.4.5
CPE Level 2
This webinar is eligible for 1.5 CEUs. A link to download your certificate will be provided at the end of the presentation.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS
Registered Dietitian Nutritionists and Healthcare Professionals have the knowledge and training to help people live their best lives. The Culinary Nutrition Workshops support RDs & healthcare professionals bridge the gap nutrition education that clients understand about food.
Abbie and Julie are two food-loving chef dietitians to help change the conversation when discussing dietary protocols with clients. Instead of educating them on what they need to limit or “can’t have” per diagnosis protocol, empower them with foods they CAN eat and healthy cooking techniques that can be used at home to prepare flavorful food.
Webinar for $19