Culinary Nutrition for Diabetes
Changing the conversation:
Culinary Techniques for Diabetes
This webinar is for health professionals or anyone interested in learning how to cook for those with diabetes.
Don’t you wish you could change the conversation when discussing dietary protocol with clients?
Instead of educating them on what they need to limit or “can’t have” because of a diagnosis, empower them with foods they CAN eat—and healthy cooking techniques they can use at home to prepare flavorful food.
This is important, because nearly 10% of the population in the United States—more than 30 million people—have diabetes.
This webinar will discuss culinary nutrition, prevention, and treatment and areas such as carbohydrates, sugar, and related food-focused topics.
When you watch this special webinar (duration 1h15m), you’ll learn how to:
- Educate your clients with evidence-based science, translated through food—and change their behaviors.
- Evaluate and encourage clients’ cooking skills and confidence in the kitchen and help them set realistic food-focused behavior change goals.
Recipe demos include: Roasted Broccoli with Tahini Sauce, Chicken Tacos, and Lentil Bolognese.
As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist or Healthcare Professional, you have the knowledge and training to help people live their best lives. This and our other Culinary Nutrition Workshops will help you bridge the gap between nutrition education what clients understand about food.
After completing this 1h15m continuing education course, nutrition professionals should be able to:
- Make evidence-based nutrition education relatable to clients through “food talk”.
- Discuss the impact culinary nutrition programs can have on behavior mediators such as stress, knowledge, confidence and goal setting.
- Identify a variety of culinary nutrition needs and tips related to diabetes and know how to help clients integrate them.
- Evaluate clients’ cooking skills to work on goal setting accordingly.
Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 5460, 6010, 8060, 8100
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators: 8.1.5, 8.3.6, 8.4.1, 8.4.5
CPE Level 2
This webinar is eligible for 1.5 CEUs. A link to download your certificate will be provided at the end of the presentation.
Advance your learning and grow your business! Register today.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS
Registered Dietitian Nutritionists and Healthcare Professionals have the knowledge and training to help people live their best lives. The Culinary Nutrition Workshops support RDs & healthcare professionals bridge the gap nutrition education that clients understand about food.
Abbie and Julie are two food-loving chef dietitians to help change the conversation when discussing dietary protocols with clients. Instead of educating them on what they need to limit or “can’t have” per diagnosis protocol, empower them with foods they CAN eat and healthy cooking techniques that can be used at home to prepare flavorful food.