For the donuts:
1 cup white whole-wheat flour
1/3 cup sugar
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground all spice
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup apple cider
Cinnamon sugar topping:
½ tablespoon sugar
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift white whole-wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, and ginger.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, melted butter, and apple cider.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Add batter to piping bag or large ziplock bag (cutting off the corner) and pipe batter into donut pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- As donuts are baking, combine additional sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Remove donuts from the oven. Sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon and sugar mixture while donuts are warm. Let slightly cool before removing from the pan.
Keywords: donuts, apple cider, baked donuts, dessert