When you’re looking for a switch from the fall favorite butternut squash, try a new variety like a delicata squash. Start with this Warm Kale Salad with Delicata Squash and Pomegranate that just screams fall!
- 1 large bunch (about 6 cups) kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp pomegranate juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 small delicata squash
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove kale from stems, rinse, and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp olive oil, pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar, & dijon mustard. Stir in minced shallot. Season with salt and pepper. Add kale to the bowl, and massage kale leaves. Set aside.
- Cut the delicata squash lengthwise, scoop out seeds, then slice in 1/4 inch slices horizontally. Place on a baking sheet in an even layer. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turning halfway through until browned and fork tender.
- The last 3 minutes, place kale directly on top of the squash and drizzle any remaining dressing. Cook to just let the kale wilt, and warm through.
- Toss kale and squash in a large bowl. Top with pomegranate seeds and pecans.
- Serve warm.
Keywords: delicata squash, kale, fall, salad