- 1 loaf (about 12 slices) whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup whipped cottage cheese (see note)
- 1/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- (optional toppings) chopped walnuts, syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, pumpkin, 1 tbsp cinnamon, and nutmeg, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs together, set aside.
- Remove the crust from the slices of bread. Working one at a time, use a rolling pin to flatten bread to about 1/4-inch thickness. Spread a thin layer of the cottage cheese and pumpkin mixture on the piece of the bread, leaving a little room at the edges. Carefully, roll up the bread (not too tight, or the filling will come out.). Repeat with the remaining slices of bread.
- Dip french toast roll ups into the egg mixture and line at the bottom of the baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes, until french toast roll ups are golden brown.
- Top with maple syrup and chopped walnuts, if using.
*Don’t have whipped cottage cheese? Simple put small/large curd cottage cheese in a food processor or blender.
*A simple swap for whipped cottage cheese could be ricotta cheese.