Never choose between your two favorite foods again! This philly cheesesteak pizza recipe combines traditional flavors on a crispy golden crust, with a creamy sauce that will have your mouth watering!
For the creamy sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 cup cold milk
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon salt
pinch of ground black pepper
pinch of ground nutmeg
¼ cup parmesan cheese
For the pizza:
6 oz. ribeye steak
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
prepared pizza dough
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Add butter to small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add flour and cook for about 1 minute, or until bubbly.
- Slowly whisk in milk and chicken stock and cook until thickened. Add crushed red pepper, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and parmesan cheese, stirring to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place steak in the freezer on a sheet pan for about 10 minutes so it gets very cold but not frozen through. Trim off any large pieces of fat normally around the edges of the steak, but some veins of fat in the middle of the steak are good. Slice the steak as thin as possible with a sharp knife.
- Place pizza stone in oven and preheat to 500 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season steak with Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan and set aside.
If using prepared pizza dough that has been refrigerated, remove from the fridge, and allow to rest for 1-2 hours before rolling out and using.