These oat flour pancakes are whole grain and gluten-free, making them a perfect fit for any pancake enthusiast!
- 1 3/4 cup oat flour (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 eggs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oat flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add milk, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, canola oil, and eggs; whisk together.
- Slowly add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until it just comes together. (do not overmix)
- Let batter sit for 5-7 minutes. It will thicken.
- Lightly spray a hot griddle with cooking spray.
- Use a 1/2 measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter onto the griddle.
- Let the pancakes bubble before flipping. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
Make your own oat flour:
Place either rolled oats or instant oats in a food processor at high speed. Process until it turns into fine oat flour.
Batter makes 6 medium-sized pancakes.
Keywords: pancakes, breakfast, whole grain, brunch