1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
3 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 zucchinis)
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Shred zucchini. Using paper towels press as much moisture you can from the zucchini.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, applesauce, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Fold zucchini into flour. This will help zucchini being dispersed throughout the bread vs. clumping together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, a little at a time, mixing until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle and comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10-15 minutes before taking it out of the loaf pan. Cool completely before slicing.
Keywords: zucchini bread, zucchini, chocolate chips, baking, whole grain,