- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- (Optional) Toppings: lettuce, tomato, onion
- Add chickpeas to a bowl and lightly mash with a fork. (Not too much. We aren’t making hummus!) Add walnuts, Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, honey, and scallions and mix together. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add a desired amount of the chickpea mixture to the bread and add desired toppings. Top with the other slice of bread.
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker.
Keywords: sandwich, vegetarian, plant-based