- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 lb ground beef, 96% lean
- 2 tbsp, onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 (15 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Cabot white oak cheddar, shredded
- Cut a thin slice on the top each bell pepper to remove top stem of the pepper. Remove seeds and membranes inside. Cut a thin slice from bottom of each pepper to help the peppers stand up. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the peppers and cook for about 2 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet sauté onions and garlic until translucent. Add the beef and cook for about 8-10 minutes until browed; drain. Return beef back to the pan and add the quinoa and fire roasted tomatoes; cook until heated through. Stir in ¾ cup of cheese.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stuff peppers with beef mixture. Stand peppers upright in baking dish.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake 10 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes longer or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.