Make dinnertime stress-free with this simple Sheet Pan Steak and Veggies recipe.
2 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
3 cups broccoli florets
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
salt and pepper, to taste
1 pound strip steak
- Preheat oven to broil (500°F). Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large pot of water, parboil squash for 5 minutes, to slightly soften. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butternut squash and broccoli. Add 1-tablespoon olive oil, half the garlic, 1-teaspoon of thyme to the vegetables, and salt and pepper, to taste; toss to combine. Add to the baking sheet in an even layer.
- Pat steak dry. Add to the baking sheet in between the vegetables. Brush steak with the remaining ½ tablespoon of olive oil and rub with the remaining ½ teaspoon thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper on both sides.
- Place in the oven and broil until steak is browned and charred at the edges; about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip the steak and toss the veggies. Cook for an additional 6-8 minutes for medium-rare, until an inserted thermometer, reads 145°F.
Cook time may vary due to the thickness of the steak. Use a digital thermometer to determine doneness.
Keywords: sheet pan, steak, beef, one pan meal, dinner