Fruit is a great healthy dessert option during the summer. Leave the grill fired up after dinner and kick up the flavor of your fruit by grilling it!
Get your fruits and veggies in shape this summer! With produce galore, now’s a great time to enjoy lots of fruits and vegetables. This is a perfect theme for the Recipe ReDux members to share how we are all serving bounties of gardens and orchards in shapes like ribbons, noodles, cut-outs, or other creative cuts.
Buying a whole pineapple at the grocery store is typically way more affordable than the peeled and cored or already diced packages. Cutting a pineapple can be a little tedious and messy in the kitchen, but one kitchen gadget that can help is an all-in-one corer slicer. I have a ton of kitchen gadgets and some may be used only once in a blue moon, but this one is super useful!
Now my shape might not be as exciting as ribbons or noodles, but I cut these perfect rounds in under a minute! No mess, success!
Just one cup of pineapple provides 132% of the recommended intake for vitamin C (an antioxidant vitamin that is required for healthy skin and immune function) and 76% for manganese (plays a role in fat and carbohydrate metabolism, calcium absorption, and blood sugar regulation).
Add fun toppings to make it into more of an indulgent dessert. I added vanilla Greek yogurt, sliced almonds and shredded coconut.
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 pineapple, cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- (optional toppings) yogurt, sliced almonds, coconut flakes
- In a small bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- In a large ziplock bag add the marinade and the pineapple slices. Carefully turn bag to coat. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill over medium-high heat. Clean grill grates and place pineapple slices on grill. Brush pineapple slices with remaining marinade.
- Cook until both sides are browned with grill marks.
- Remove from grill and add optional toppings.
oh my I love grilled pineapple but never made it myself! This needs to happen 🙂
I L-O-V-E Grilled pineapple! This looks delicious!
I am all about grilled fruit and I loveeee pineapples! These look amazing! <3
This looks fantastic. Normally I use grilled pineapple with savoury dishes to add a sweet twist, but I’ve never thought to eat it as a dessert. Got to try it.
Pingback: : The Best Grilled Desserts | Luvo, Inc.